Stamped Concrete Paving Company in Oklahoma City
Concrete doesn’t have to be gray and boring. If you are looking for a durable material for your
driveway, walkway, or patio but also want something that matches the aesthetic of your home or business, look no further than stamped concrete. Stamped concrete offers the largest variety of designs and colors, with all the versatility and strength of traditional concrete. To learn more, call the team at Oklahoma City Paving today. You can also reach out to a friendly member of the staff online.
Stamped Concrete Contractors
What is stamped concrete?
Stamped concrete utilizes textures and impressions to replicate other building materials such as stone, tile, brick, or even wood. This type of concrete offers an array of options to match the aesthetic of your home or business while maintaining the strength and integrity of traditional concrete.
Why should I choose stamped concrete?
Not only is stamped concrete affordable, but it also requires less maintenance than other building materials. It’s also resistant to all weather conditions. If you’re someone who isn’t too handy around the home, or if you don’t have the time for the maintenance required with other materials, stamped concrete is an excellent choice.
What areas is stamped concrete used?
Stamped concrete is perfect for:
No matter your home improvement project, consider stamped concrete. Many people like to match the exterior of their home to their walkways or patio. Stamped concrete can even be used to make steps. For example, if you have a stone home, you might want your walkways and patio to be stone, too. Stamped concrete can replicate the stone look you want at a fraction of the price.
Stamped concrete is more affordable than brick, stone, and wood, yet it matches the aesthetic of those materials perfectly. It’s also slip-resistant, so you know your family or customers will be safe while traversing its surface.
Stamped Concrete Design
If you can dream it, stamped concrete can offer the design elements you desire. Here are just some of the ways you can design with stamped concrete:
Tints and colors
When you think of concrete, most people picture gray or earth tone variants. But with stamped concrete, it can be tinted to produce practically any color or hue.
If you are looking for a unique design, such as a floral pattern or that of fallen leaves, the team at Oklahoma City Paving can produce that as well. If you can imagine it, stamped concrete can create the pattern you desire.
Stamped concrete can be crafted to create the look of practically any building material. That includes stone, brick, wood, stucco, and many more. Many people want their outdoor patio to match the construction of their homes. For example, if the outside of your home is finished with stucco, stamped concrete can emulate that pattern to produce a patio that looks like stucco as well.
Does stamped concrete look authentic?
You might be wondering if the benefits of stamped concrete are too good to be true. Can it really look like stone, brick, or other building materials? The fact is, the molds used to mimic other building materials are made from those actual materials. Therefore, the lines and shapes are absolutely identical. Stamped concrete looks totally authentic and sometimes even better than the real material.
How is stamped concrete installed?
Stamped concrete isn’t a DIY project to try on your own. The process is complex, so it’s best to turn to the experts like the team at Oklahoma City Paving. The good news: stamped concrete installation is quicker than the masonry techniques needed to install stone or brick.
Here is a look at the challenging stamped concrete installation process in detail:
- Ground preparation: The ground beneath the installation site must be compacted. That limits the risks of erosion and shifting soil, which can damage the stamped concrete.
- Place the forms: Forms are attached to stakes to create corners and give the concrete structure.
- Adding reinforcement: Metal rebar is added before the concrete is poured to give it extra strength and reduce the risk of cracking.
- Pouring the concrete: This is often done with the help of a truck and tools to evenly spread the concrete.
- Smoothing the concrete: This step needs to be perfect. The smooth concrete acts as a canvas for the stamped design.
- Adding color: Once smoothed, color or tinting is added to the property owner’s exact specifications.
- Stamping: There is a short period after smoothing and tinting in which stamping occurs. Because of the time-sensitive nature, the stamping pattern is created ahead of time. Quality control checks to make sure each stamp is perfectly positioned.
- Curing: Proper curing increases the concrete’s density, making it stronger and more durable.
- Sealing: The sealing process is imperative. It brightens the colors and prevents water or chemicals from permeating the cement.
Cost of Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is more expensive than the standard poured concrete, but that’s because it is more labor-intensive. The stamped pattern takes meticulous planning and expert execution. But remember, concrete lasts longer than most other materials, so your investment now will continue to pay dividends in the future due to less maintenance and repairs. Stamped concrete usually runs between $8 – $18 per square foot, depending on the intricacy of the design.
Stamped concrete is beautiful and versatile. It’s an exceptional option for driveways, sidewalks, walkways, and patios. If you are considering stamped concrete, reach out to the team at Oklahoma City Paving. The expert pavers offer free estimates and consultations, so call the office or contact them online today.